Sunday 12 February 2012

Arrived in the Greater Vancouver Area with no troubles.

The drive down from Vancouver went so well. Bandit was awesome at a truck stop for a tinkle. No pulling even in such a stimulating environment. Briggs was just as wonderful. He only had one bottle and didn't even make a peep for the five hours in the car. Wide awake the whole time too. It went so smooth.

Teaching targeting is harder than I thought it would be. We hit a bit of a road block today. I was going to introduce targeting and Bandit didn't really get it. Could've just been what I was using or working in too small/cluttered of a space. I think I will work with something larger and a bit raised off the ground to set him up better tomorrow. The object I chose was both nearly see through and flat. He didn't seem to grasp what I wanted him to do too well. Chose to just walk away and re-do tomorrow. He really tried and that's all that matters though. I like the bit of a challenge.

I also got my 11 year old sister really excited about clicker training. She watched a video with me and thought it made so much more sense. She then got to work Bandit a bit. He now knows the verbal cue for down not only from me but he will also do it for my sister. Success!

And here are some photos of the pooch and I all settled in ready for bed. Briggs is cuddly his grandma so it's just Bandit and I in bed tonight. Seems a bit lonely. I'm used to a baby, a cat, a boyfriend and a dog.




and goodnight folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment