Thursday 16 February 2012

Life happens and training looks to be off for the next day or two

My son had to go to the hospital yesterday. He had a fever for quite some time and was screaming bloody murder. He was very dehydrated. He is okay now but feeling a bit under the weather. We are far from home and look like we may be stuck here longer as we can't drive home in crappy conditions with a sick child. Well I could but it doesn't sound ideal. I also don't want to have him that far away from a hospital if a fever spikes again.

Lucky for Bandit he got to go out for a walk regardless yesterday. A family friend called dibs on walking him last night before Briggs became ill. Lucky him! It's raining here in Vancouver right now so I doubt I will be the one walking Bandit with my sick son today. Oh well. Life happens and some times things do come before training. I think my excuse is pretty valid.

Bandit seems pretty content cuddled up to my toddler on the couch. So I don't feel so bad. He seems to understand Briggs is sick. I'm so grateful for how calm my dog is inside. No destruction over two days  indoors.

So we are all sitting up on the couch watching the Westminister dog show. Currently watching the best of the sporting group. Both Bandit and Briggs seem pretty into it. Maybe I'm raising the next great dog man? I can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment