Saturday 11 February 2012

I posted this on facebook but I want to post it here as well.

I do not want a submissive child, spouse, friend, or pet. I want happy, content and willing people and animals in my life who listen to a request because they want to. Not because they have to. Through parenting my son and training my dog I have come to realize that I do not need to dominate, be alpha or the boss. I need to teach them to be able to communicate in appropriate ways through patience, understanding and love. Just because I feed them, house them and take care of them does not make them loyal, a listener or have respect for me. It's through kindness, love, and a bit of creativity on overcoming their less than ideal behaviors that strengthens their bond with me. So here is to loving guidance and being able to not only be a teacher in my relationships with my family, friends and pets, but also the student. Each day they teach me to be a bit more patient, a bit more understanding and a lot more loving. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment